I'm a Seattle parent on the brink of a career change.
Strong Personality is my place to share tips & tools that make my busy life easier!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 1: Strong Personality's Elevator Pitch


The first post in the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog (31DBBB) is my elevator pitch. That means a description of my blog's purpose, short enough that I could capture someone's interest in a very short interaction, say the brief time we might ride an elevator together.

I can tell that this isn't my final version: this project's other exercises will force me to rethink it all over the next 30 days. So here it goes:

I'm a Seattle parent on the brink of a career change; Strong Personality is my place to share tips & tools that make my busy life easier!

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear what your career changes are.

    I like your elevator pitch. Does the possible change of career come into play much on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You leave a good question and I definitely struggle with how much to reveal online. I'm a stay at home parent and I want my return to work to be in a field new to me; social media marketing. The blog was my place to develop a writing "voice" and to start participating, learning as I go!

    My career background has been in information technology. That was very good for me, but after being away from it for 3 years, I realize I'm well positioned to exercise new skills.

    Thank you for asking; it's been fun to think through this answer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Looking forward to hearing more during the next 31 days!!! Nice to meet ya :)

    Christy (@aidenscross)
    www.talesofthetoot.com

    ReplyDelete